Ads

My Handmade Crafts

Open for Orders

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year Resolution hehehe....

After few weeks of laziness, finally I tuned my mind into practicing my painting. As I was pondering on the whats, hows and whys.... I realised that I lack in knowledge on painting. I was too focused on decorative painting, it did not cross my mind that decorative painting is not only about putting in the strokes, deciding on the colours and wood plaques but it's a whole lot of other elements and perspective that need to be considered.

Whenever I start a painting, I'll have a major problem on deciding, planning and placing a design. No wonder whenever I try to design a piece, it turns out to be an unsatisfying disastrous work! Once I finish a piece, I don't feel any satisfaction on the painting that I've done. I referred this problem to my very experienced teacher, Pn. Norana, and she said that I need to read more books on paintings regardless of any subject matter. Suddenly, I had this obssession to learn generally anything about painting - oil, acrylic and watercolor.

Since the new year has just began, I had set the resolution like anyone else to master the concepts, elements and perspective in painting. Hope to achieve the resolution.... I need to chase Mr. Lazy out of my mind, body and soul...hahaha.... As an initiation, I started with online articles... and to my suprise there are so many artist who are willing to share their knowledge, thoughts and experince with the world. I would like to thank them for their generousity and willingness to help other painters to enjoy painting and achieve success. I've also decided to purchase books to enhance the aspects that I need to develop my painting skill.

That's all for now.... I will pen down more about my painting quest in the later updates... until then Adios!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment